Sunday, December 17, 2006

Update and note on soldiers

The police have let Mary go after 4 hours, after threatening to deport her and arrest her. Which is good. Mary quite rightly was trying to make sure the children were allowed through the olive groves. This route is actually the route that they are legally obliged to take and actually to tell me that it is Israeli land is wrong. I don't think the settler children are even allowed there. Apparently they have set fire to bits of the field but this went out. I'll have a look tomorrow and find out what happened.

On another note the soldiers around here, with one or two exceptions, have been much much politer recently than they were to start with. I feel most of the time we have a mutual dislike of the settlers. This is a definite improvement but I still dread to think that if these are 'not bad' what the worse are.

No comments: