Saturday, December 23, 2006

Happy Hanukkah

Hanukkah has passed off without incident here! Thank goodness, was worried about it for a while but apart from the usual it was OK.

A few police tried to move us on and a few soldiers told us we weren't allowed to be here and a few got annoyed when I attended a detainment but it has been fine. The weather was also bad which perhaps kept them inside!

Am excited to be going to Bethlehem and Jerusalem tomorrow, sit down and have a drink and spend time with people who aren't liable to throw stones and shoot at me will be welcome. A proper hot shower as well!

If you discount the flight here I think my carbon emissions are much lower here without having to do much at all. Although there is a lot of litter and no recycling available (it still breaks my heart to throw glass in a bin etcetera) life here is much better. Apart from one or two things like lack of my own room etcetera Iits much easier to live a sustainable lifestyle without even really noticing. It certainly doesn't impact much on how I see my quality of life.

No comments: